Requirements and Backing Up Data
1.Google Sync is only supported on Apple iOS versions 3.0 and above. You can check your current version by going to Settings > General > About > Version
. If you're running an iOS before 3.0, upgrade to the latest iOS on Apple's site: http://www.apple.com/ios/
before setting up Google Sync.
2. Perform a sync with iTunes to ensure that Contacts and Calendars from
your iOS device are backed up to your computer. Learn more about
backing up your Contacts and Calendars
- Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
- Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Press Add Account...
- Select Google Mail or GMail
- In the Name field, enter your name.
- In the Address field enter your full Google Account
email address including the @eanesisd.net.
- Enter your Novell password as the Password.
- Enter the description
- Tap Next at the top of your screen.
9a. Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears.
10. When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.
- Open the Safari browser on your phone and go to http://m.google.com
- Click on Google Apps user? at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your domain name (e.g., YourDomain.com).
- Click the Sync icon in your domain area (this section has a green background).
- Sign in if required.
- Select your device to configure Calendars.
Using Google Calendar on your iOS device
With Google Sync enabled, you can do the following actions in Google Calendar using your iOS Calendar app:
- Create events and edit event details.
- Respond to meeting requests and update your attendee status.
- Change your Alert Reminder Time, e.g. "30 minutes before".
- See your list of pending invitations.
- When you’re invited to an event, it shows up as a ghosted entry in your calendar. If you choose Accept or Maybe, it changes to solid, and if you Decline, the event is removed.
- A popup appears on your device when you’re invited to a meeting. Pressing View Event allows you to see the event details and respond to the invitation.
- To turn off this popup, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > New Invitations Alert and turn off the popup.
- When viewing meeting invitations in your iOS Mail app, the calendar
icon at the bottom lets you view the event and update your attendee
- The badge on the Calendar app icon on your home screen updates with the number of pending invitations.
Experiencing setup or sync issues? See the Known Issues page.